- Please fill out a visitor badge (either at the kiosk or here) for your child
- If this is your first dojo, check out first-timer info.
- Take Our Children to Work Day sessions – April 27th. Sign-up to help at:
- Raspberry Pis and Dot&Dash signups for today are:
- Beginner Pi – Aneesh, 2 open
- Pi monitors – Andrew, Aidan, 2 open
- Dot&Dash – Available
- Future sign-ups at: www.SignUpGenius.com/go/4090C4AA4AF29A4FB6-monitors
- Please sign the sheet – this is how you get in the drawing
- Please add any new badge you earned since last week (to be added to the badge drawing) on the sheet
- If this is your 5th dojo, see me and tell me 5 names (two can be adults), not including your parents or siblings) to get your blue lanyard. You also get to pick a t-shirt while supplies last.
New Resources – feeling adventurous. There are some great looking projects on raspberrypi.org – many which don’t look like they even need a Pi. Perhaps you want to try a few and report back (I haven’t had time to try them yet). Tucker did Secret Agent Chat which I really liked:
- Scratch – Space Maze, Olympic Hurdler, Weightlessness Space Game
- Python – Turtley Amazing, Secret Agent Chat, Turtle Snowflakes, Storytime
- Pi required – Python Quick Reaction, Time Lapse, Temperature Log, Push button Stop Motion, Window on the Weather
- Minecraft (Pi required)- Getting Started with Minecraft, Minecraft Selfies, Minecraft Photo Booth, Wack-A-Block. Complete all 4 for your Minecraft badge!
- Get your ID at: scratch.mit.edu; follow the Getting Started Tutorial under Tips
- CoderDojo now has Beginner, Intermediate and Advanced Scratch Sushi cards!
- 2nd dojo??? – do the Animate your Name or Virtual Pet. Demos at the end!
- Work on the scratch badge activities – be creative
- Detailed Scratch activities by levels
- Do the “Tucker challenge” – build a coin toss game, Alina – Create a quiz, or “Kehn challenge” – build a game with explosions (including sound)
- Scratch Dungeon Quest http://kata.coderdojo.com/wiki/Dungeon_Quest
- Scratch on the PI, Raspberry Pi sushi cards (includes Linux and Python)
- Ruth’s Challenge – build a traffic light, program a sprite to obey the lights
- My First Website (10 sushi cards)
- Apply for your HTML/CSS badge
- Move your website to a URL on Bluemix using NodeJS_Simple_2 card 1
App Inventor (Scratch for Android)
- Try the Ulvin endless game challenge or the Alina quiz challenge on Android!
- Anyone want to volunteer to lead an App Inventor day?
Bavle.net – new mobile gaming platform
Finished with all that?